Event: The Narberth Dickens Festival
Date: Sunday, December 2, 2018, Noon – 4pm
From: The Narberth Business Association
Location: Downtown Narberth, Forrest Ave & Haverford Ave
The Narberth Dickens Festival is the biggest holiday festival on the Main Line, where downtown Narberth transforms into 1840s London for one December afternoon every year. The event includes period street vendors and food, caroling, musicians, costumed performers, puppet shows, dance performances, ice sculpting, carriage rides, and much more. Kids join in the free scavenger hunt to search for costumed Dickens characters like Scrooge and Tiny Tim, and win a great prize. Easy access to Septa Regional Rail – 3 stops from 30th St Station on the Paoli/Thorndale line.
The Festival will be bigger and better than ever this year. The Narberth Business Association is bringing back all the crowd favorites, and expanding with new activities and performances as well. See the website for times and more information at www.narberthonline.com.
The 2018 event includes:
- Ebeneezer Scrooge and all the characters from “A Christmas Carol”
- costumed performers
- a free scavenger hunt for kids with Dickens Fest prizes
- horse and carriage rides
- Men of Harmony men’s choir
- outdoor dance performances
- hands-on children’s crafts
- ice sculpting exhibition
- puppet shows
- Vintage Flea Circus
- Nutcracker performances at the Pennsylvania Academy of Ballet
- artisan vendors
- nineteenth-century street food
- hot toddies and hot chocolate
For photos, interviews, and more information, feel free to contact Ed Ridgway at firstname.lastname@example.org.