NOTICE TO APPLY
The Narberth Civil Service Commission, Montgomery County, PA is accepting applications for the Promotional Position of Police Sergeant.
Minimum Qualifications Necessary to Apply
All Applicants must possess the following:
- A degree from a college or university, in possession at the time of application.
- Be a United States Citizen, be physically and mentally fit to perform the duties of a Police Officer, able to read, write and understand the English language, and prior to Appointment possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license issued by the government of one of the several states of the United States.
- Successful completion of the training and education proscribed by the Municipal Police Officers’ Education and Training Act (“Act 120”), 52 Pa. C.S.A. § 2161, et. seq. and be able to present proof of certification at the time of Application.
- Not hold an elective office in the Borough.
- Shall have at least three (3) years of continuous prior service with the Police Department.
- Shall have demonstrated an ability to carry out orders from superiors, a working knowledge of policy and procedures (“police science”) and administration, and the ability to supervise the work of subordinates.
- Shall not have been suspended without pay for more than three (3) days in the two (2) years preceding the deadline for submitting an Application. Any suspension to which the Applicant has timely appealed, pursuant to a grievance procedure or the Civil Service Rules and Regulations, shall be disregarded unless the appeal is resolved prior to the creation of the Eligibility List.
Applicants must also submit a Letter of Interest for the position. The content of the letter should demonstrate the officer’s ability to carry out orders from superiors, the officers working knowledge of policy and procedures and administration, and the ability to supervise the work of subordinates.
Applications are available at the Narberth Borough Hall and Narberth Police Department, 100 Conway Ave., Narberth, PA 19072, from 8am until 4pm Monday through Friday. Applications are also available online at www.narberthpa.gov.
Applications must be returned no later than 4pm local time on Friday May 22, and be accompanied by a non-refundable testing fee of $50. A check or cash is an acceptable form of payment.
The Sergeant Promotional Exam is scheduled for Wednesday, June 10, 2020 beginning at 9:00 a.m. in the Municipal Auditorium located at 100 Conway Ave., Narberth, PA, 19072.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
The Borough of Narberth is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, marital status, race, color, ancestry, national origin, political affiliation, religion, disability, genetic history or information, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.