Full-Time Position – Public Works Crew Person
This is a full-time position with the Borough’s Public Works Department. Work is assigned to support functions of the Department including but not limited to sanitation, street repair, public open space maintenance, landscape maintenance, storm-water infrastructure maintenance, sewer system maintenance, public signs, and other work as assigned by the supervisor. Work is performed independently and under direct supervision in accordance with Borough policies, guidelines and ordinances of the Borough. Work must abide by the rules and policy of the Employee Manual.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Part-Time Position – Crossing Guard
This is a highly responsible position involving the oversight and control of vehicular and pedestrian traffic, and parking at or near an identified intersection within the Borough of Narberth to which the crossing guard is assigned. The purpose of which is to provide for the safe crossing of streets by school students, children and others.
This is a part-time, exempt position with the Borough during the school year. It is a ten (10)-hour work week. Required one (1) hour in the morning and one (1) hour in the afternoon. Start and finish times depend on the intersection to which assigned.
Work is performed under the general direction and supervision of the Chief of Police. In the absence of a Chief of Police, work shall be supervised by the Borough Manager.
- Drive own vehicle or walk to assigned intersection
- Observe school students, children and others near the assigned intersection and cross them across the street while signaling motorists to stop
- Direct school students, children and others to wait on the pavement or at the edge of the street, and then direct them when to cross safely
- Maintain presence in the middle of the street to stop both lanes of traffic, when necessary; instruct motorists when to stop or resume
- Interact with school students, children and others
- Perform other duties, as assigned by the Chief of Police or, in his/her absence, the Borough Manager
- Reside within the Borough of Narberth
- Be able to pass Minors Clearances criminal background check
- Possess valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License
- Stand or sit continuously
- Walk frequently
- Be able to reach at shoulder level
- Possess good visual acuity (continuous mid, far field of vision; color recognition and depth perception)
- Mature, professional demeanor, yet friendly and personable
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Be able to withstand variations in weather
- Work well with other Borough employees (police officers, Highway personnel, parking controller)
- Safety Vest
- Other clothing or equipment, as determined by the Chief of Police
Interested persons should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Recruitment will remain open until the position is filled.
The Borough of Narberth is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, marital status, race, color, ancestry, national origin, political affiliation, religion, disability, genetic history or information, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.