Narberth Borough is dedicated to providing an environment where businesses can grow and be successful. This page is a guide for current and future businesses regarding Borough regulations.
Business Privilege/Mercantile Tax
All businesses in the Borough are required to register and file an annual Business Privilege Tax (BPT). The Borough’s BPT is administered through eCollect+. New businesses must register once with the Borough using the form located below along with the $10.00 fee made payable to Narberth Borough. Your canceled check for the Business Privilege Tax Return and a copy of your registration shall be proof of registration.
eCollect+ Phone: (866) 225-0033 804 Fayette Street, Conshohocken, PA 19428
Who should apply for the Business Privilege Tax?
- If the business’ sole location or corporate office is INSIDE the Municipality.
- If the business has multiple locations and its corporate offices are located OUTSIDE the Municipality, services, investments, and other income within the Municipality are subject to the Business Privilege Tax.
- Receipts from the lease, use, or rental of personal or real property are deemed to be receipts from the performance of services and subject to the Business Privilege Tax.
- Home Office – An area of a personal residence is recognized as a Base of Operations if it is used for business, and no other Base of Operations is reasonably available to conduct business activities. A home office used for the convenience of an employee, owner, or other worker, does not qualify as a Base of Operations. Use of a home office is deemed to be simply for the convenience of an employee or owner if there is another business office where the same activities are performed.
Parking in Narberth is organized into three (3) types:
- Metered Spaces
- 2-Hour Parking Zones
- Properties located directly along a 2-hour parking zone are eligible for parking permits.
- Commercial properties are eligible for a limited number of parking permits. Per the Narberth Borough Code, owners or lessees of commercial buildings shall be restricted to a total of two parking permits for each full 22 linear feet of street frontage of the lot on which such commercial building is situated. Please contact the Borough office for more details.
- All other streets that are not metered or designated as 2-hour parking zones are available for any legal non-commercial vehicles.
** Parking of commercial vehicles on Borough streets, regardless of parking zone, is prohibited. Please refer to details defined in the Narberth Borough Code: Chapter 118 – Article I: Traffic and Parking
On October 17, 2018, Borough Council approved a law regulating single use plastics bags and plastic straws. Click on the links below for more information:
Zoning and Building Issues
If you want to know if your business is permitted in the Borough or have questions about building modifications, please contact the Zoning Officer and Building Code Official, Kevin Walsh at 610.656.2707.
Kevin can also be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kevin has office hours in Borough Hall on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday between 10am and 12 noon and is happy to discuss your plans.
Kevin’s office hours will temporarily change to 12pm-1pm on Friday, June 10th, 17th, and 24th.