New Resident Welcome Packet

Welcome to Narberth Borough!

Weekly Information Sent Directly to your Inbox

Did you know that the Borough of Narberth sends out weekly emails to inform citizens about upcoming meetings, important information, and local events? Want to hear more about what’s happening in Narberth next week? Subscribe to the weekly emails by filling out the form at

Get to Know Your Local Narberth Government

For a list of government officials, including Mayor, Council, Boards and Commissions members, Tax Collector, and meeting schedules, visit

Moving to Narberth Borough? Need to reserve parking spots for your moving vehicle?

You can rent traffic safety cones for a $25 security deposit fee per cone (maximum 6 cones) which will be returned as soon as the cones are returned. Fill out the Traffic Cone Request Form found at with your deposit, to pick up the cones.


Residents who live along a 2-hour parking zone are eligible for parking permits and visitor parking permits for their guests. These parking permits allow residents to park on their street for longer than 2 hours without being subject to a parking violation.

To pay violations:

How to apply for residential and visitor parking permits:

*Narberth Borough does not currently have permitted parking for meters.


Trash services are provided by Republic Services and the fees are paid by solid waste taxes. Residents do not need to call Narberth Borough or Republic Services to sign up for trash and recycling services. For information on collection schedules, special recycling services, how to report missed collections, and request a new recycling container, please visit
*Narberth Borough does not provide trash containers to residents

How to report an issue:


Sewer rates are included in property taxes and are based on the real cost of providing services. The Narberth Borough Tax Collector is responsible for billing and collecting property taxes.


Water service is provided by AQUA PA.

Contact AQUA PA at 1-877-987-2782 or to set up your account and billing.

Volunteer Opportunities

Information on volunteer opportunities that are currently available and how to apply, visit

Block Party!

Residents can request barricades to be delivered for the event by filling out a Residential Block Party Permit application, found at Residents are required to submit a permit to be reviewed by the Narberth Fire and Police Departments two weeks prior to the event.

Work Order Requests – How to report an issue

The Montgomery County Health Department enforces the County Public Health Code within the Borough.  If a health-related issue is observed in the Borough, please contact the Montgomery County Health Department branch office in Norristown at 610.278.3522 and ask for the Environmental Field Services Complaint Coordinator.

Other reportable non-health-related issues observed in the Borough can be submitted to the Borough office by following the steps below.

  1. Submit a request online using our new My Gov portal! Visit our My Gov Information page for details on how to get started. Requests can be submitted anonymously, however, contact information must be submitted to view status updates.
  2. Download the Work Order form from the Borough’s website, and complete the Personal Information and Issue sections. Submit the completed Work Order form in-person at Borough Hall between the hours of 8AM-4PM, M-F, or mail it to 100 Conway Avenue, Narberth, PA 19072. You may also drop off the form in the secure lockbox located outside of the Haverford Avenue entrance of Borough Hall.

What Needs a Permit?

If you are planning on doing work on your home or business and are unsure if you are required to file for a permit, feel free to contact the Code Enforcement Department at Narberth Borough and discuss the project with code officials before beginning construction.

Permit applications can be found at Permit application forms and fees have been updated for 2022 and are due at the time of submission. There is a maximum 15 business day review period for all residential permit applications (30 business days for commercial permit applications). Certificates of Insurance shall be submitted at the time of application, and the Borough of Narberth shall be named as an Additional Insured and a certificate holder.

Kevin Walsh, Building Code Official (610) 656-2707

Don’t make a judgement call; make a phone call to 811!

  • Notify your local one call center by calling 811 or making an online request 2-3 days before work begins. Be sure to check our state map to find out how far in advance you need to call.
  • Wait the required amount of time for affected utility operators to respond to your request.
  • Confirm that all affected utility operators have responded to your request and marked underground utilities.
  • Respect the marks.
  • Dig Carefully around the marks with care.

Voting Information

You must update your voter registration with the State if you:

  • move or change your address,
  • change your name, or 
  • wish to change your party. 

Update Your Voter Registration

Find Your Polling Place

License Your Dog in PA

A dog license is a ticket home for a lost dog. 🏠 Set your dog’s mind, and your own, at ease. Get your 2023 license now! Dog licenses are available from your local county treasurer and other licensing agents or by click this link, For Narberth/Montgomery County residents, visit, to read more on our License Your Dog in PA page.

Animal Warden Services

Narberth Borough does not have a lost pet registry, but we encourage you to contact Narberth Police Department by calling 911 and asking to be directed to a Narberth Officer.

Prescription Drug Disposal

The National Prescription Drug Take Back Day by the DEA – Diversion Control Division, aims to provide a safe, convenient, and responsible means of disposing of prescription drugs, while also educating the general public about the potential for abuse of medications. For more information click here.

Search for Year Round Pharmaceutical Disposal Locations